Normal people would be celebrating at 200 episodes, but not me. We’re celebrating 20 episodes of The Bossy. Type with a really juicy episode. It’s dedicated to anyone that’s currently side hustling, or has just taken the leap to start their own business… and is living off baked beans for the foreseeable future.
Here are 20 things I wish someone told me when I first started my business, covering everything from finance to mindset. Plus, other topics as requested by my business newbie Insta followers.
In this episode, I cover:
- Dealing with negative family & friends
- Getting your finances on track, including software and paying tax
- What you should invest in
- Branding for a new business
- Saving on copywriting costs
- Upskilling with online and short courses
- Marketing strategy tips
- Pricing your services & diversifying your income
- Collaborating with likeminded creatives
- Staying productive & motivated
- Dealing with social media & the comparison trap!
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Don’t forget to head to bossycreative.com to download 62 Ways to Make Brands Your Bitch. It’s filled with tips on becoming a better, faster and more natural writer (not to mention my favourite cocktail recipe / writer’s block remedy). Download yours here.
- Bossy. Copywriting
- The Bossy. Shop – Resources, ebooks & templates
- @alycealyce Instagram
- @bossy.copywriting Instagram
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode and The Bossy. Type podcast, please take a minute to subscribe, and leave a rating/review. You can do that right now by clicking here and choosing your platform. You’ll be helping me to reach more people, and I promise to buy you a drink next time I see you.