Struggle to write Instagram captions? Join the club. Out of all the copywriting and brand-building topics, I’d have to say Instagram captions are the one people hate the most. If you want to stop your followers mid-scroll, keep their attention, and meet a strong objective (like sell a product or teach a tip) with your captions, this episode is for you.
I’m going to take you behind-the-scenes and use one of my real captions as a case study. Check it out here:https://www.instagram.com/p/B_EZ8SGD5d-/
In this episode, I cover:
- How I structure captions, using a real example
- Writing captions that are creative AND effective
- Breaking down your post and what to talk about
- Identifying who you’re speaking to
- Deciding on the purpose of your post
- Figuring out the problem you’re solving
- Highlighting your skill and experience
- An example of how that sounds all together
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Don’t forget to head to bossycreative.com to download my very free, very juicy guide to building a bold brand. It’s packed with tips from Bossy.’s favourite creative experts, and covers everything from copywriting to graphic design to social media to marketing to everything else. Download yours here.
- Bossy. Copywriting
- The Bossy. Shop – Resources, ebooks & templates
- @alycealyce Instagram
- @bossy.copywriting Instagram
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode and The Bossy. Type podcast, please take a minute to subscribe, and leave a rating/review. You can do that right now by clicking here and choosing your platform. You’ll be helping me to reach more people, and I promise to buy you a drink next time I see you.