In this episode we’re talking career copy: cover letters, resumes and job applications. I was inspired to do this as a Q&A when one of my Instagram followers messaged to say that after 100s of applications, she started using the cover letter guide inside my ebook, Employable as F*ck, and was in stage 2 of her dream job. And whatdya know, a couple of days later, Monique got the job.
So, in celebration, I put a question box on my stories asking for your burning questions – now I’m going to answer them.
In this episode, I cover:
- The most important things to include in a cover letter
- How do write your job application to make up for the fact you have no experience for the job
- Best advice on tone and structure
- How to make up for the fact you’ve had a lot of jobs, across a lot of industries
- Standing out in the sea of employers’ emails
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Get yourself a copy of Employable As F*ck, which teaches you how to write cover letters, resumes and LinkedIn profiles with PERSONALITY here.
- Bossy. Copywriting
- @alycealyce Instagram
- @bossy.copywriting Instagram
- Employable As F*ck Ebook
- Fashion Journal: 10 ways to get your foot in the door when you have no experience
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
If you liked this episode and The Bossy. Type podcast, please take a minute to subscribe, and leave a rating/review. You can do that right now by clicking here and choosing your platform. You’ll be helping me to reach more people, and I promise to buy you a drink next time I see you.